Spicy Pulled Pork Recipe
*Wish I could take credit for this but it is not mine. It’s definitely a great recipe that KD and I both love! You can find this recipe and more tasty ones at paleodietlifestyle.com, thank you Sebastien. Enjoy! It’s a keeper!
Pulled pork ingredients
- 1 pork shoulder or butt roast, about 5-6 lbs;
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika;
- 1 tbsp garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp dry mustard;
- 3 tbsp sea salt;
Spicy sauce ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar;
- 1/2 cup homemade ketchup;
- 1 cup Dijon or homemade mustard;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper;
- 1 tsp sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- Prepare the dry rub by combining the paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard and sea salt in a bowl.
- Rub the pork roast all over with the spice rub and place in the refrigerator for the flavors to penetrate the meat for a minimum of 1 hour, but up to overnight. If marinating only for 1 or 2 hours, leave the roast at room temperature to marinate.
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- Place the marinated pork shoulder or butt in the oven in a baking pan for about 6 hours, until the meat is almost falling apart and is very fork tender.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce by combining together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, mustard, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small pot or saucepan.
- Gently bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the pork roast is ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pull the meat apart from the roast with two forks and place the meat shreds in a bowl.
- Combine the spicy sauce with the pulled pork and serve the delicious and tender meat with your favorite side of salad.